There are two types of cookies:
- Technical cookies: essential to the normal running of a website and its browsing by the user. Without them, users may not be able to view the pages correctly or use certain services.
- Cookie profiling: used to create user profiles, in order to send promotional messages according to the preferences made by the user during browsing.
Cookies, either “technical” or “profiling”, may also be classified as follows:
- "session" cookies: deleted immediately after the browser closes;
- "permanent" cookies: remain in the browser for a certain period of time. These cookies are used, for example, to identify the device connected to a website by facilitating user authentication procedures;
- "own" cookies: created and managed directly by the operator of the website on which the user is browsing;
- "third-party" cookies: created and managed by parties other than the operator of the website on which the user is browsing.
The website uses “technical” cookies, and in particular the following types of cookies:
- i) own, session or permanent cookies, which are necessary to allow browsing on the website for internal security and systems administration purposes;
- ii) third-party, permanent cookies that are used by the website to send statistical information to Google Analytics, via which the Company can perform statistical analysis of access/visits to the website. The cookies used are solely for statistical purposes and they collect information in aggregated form. By using two cookies, permanent cookies and session cookies (expiring upon closure of the browser), Google Analytics also saves a register with your session starting/ending times on the Website. You may prevent Google from collecting data through cookies and the subsequent data processing by uploading and installing the plugin for the browser from the following address: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=it
You can choose which cookies to give your consent to. In case of third-party cookies, users shall provide or deny their consent directly to the owner of the cookie in question, to which the Company is merely mentioned: most third-party cookies present on the website can be disabled by users on their own browser or by visiting directly the operators’ sites, using the links indicated in the table below. In any case, it is pointed out that disabling cookies could impair your ability to use the website and/or prevent you from benefitting in full from the available functions and services.
First party cookies - Session and permanent cookies
Cookies that are necessary to allow browsing the website, for internal security and systems administration purposes, as well as to save the language selected by the user
Third-party cookies - Permanent cookies
Cookie for Google Analytics
Instructions on how to manage cookies on various browsers:
- Select the menu on the upper right-hand corner of the browser tool bar
- Select Settings
- Select the link Show advanced settings
- In the Privacy section, select Content settings
- In the Cookie section, change the following settings based on the action required for the management of cookies:
Allow sites to save and read cookie data
- Maintain local data only until you close your browser
- Prevent sites from setting any data
- Block third-party cookies and site data
- Manage exceptions for some Internet sites
- All cookies and site data.
For more information, please visit the relevant Google webpage
- Click on the menu in the upper right corner of the browser tool bar
- Select Options
- Select the Privacy section
- In the Tracking section, select the appropriate button if you want to communicate with the websites you do not wish them to track your browsing behavior
- In the History section, select from the drop-down Use Custom Settings menu to change the following settings, according to the desired action regarding cookies:
Accept cookies from websites (select the appropriate button)
- Accept third-party cookies (select one of the following options from the drop-down menu: always, from visited or never)
- Store them for a set period of time (select one of the following options from the drop-down menu: they expire, I close Firefox, ask me every time)
- Again, in the History section, select Show cookies if you wish to clear the cookies installed on your computer.
For more information, please visit the relevant Mozilla webpage
- Click the Tools button
- Select Internet Options
- Select Privacy
- In the scrolling menu, select one of the following options to change the following settings according to how you want to manage cookies:
Block all cookies
- Accept all cookies
- Select specific websites to accept cookies from: click on “Sites” and, in the “Address of Website” box, type a website address and then click “Block” or “Allow”.
For more information, please visit the relevant Microsoft webpage
- Open Safari
- Click on Safari
- Select Preferences and then click on Privacy
- In the “Block Cookies” section, choose the way Safari should manage cookies
- Click on Details to see which websites have stored their cookies on your device.
For more information, please visit the relevant Apple webpage
- Open Opera
- Select “Settings” in the main menu on the top left-hand corner of the screen
- Select “Privacy & Security”
- In the “Cookies” section, select one of the following options:
Allow local storage
- Keep local data only until I close my browser
- Do not allow third-party sites to save any data
- Block third-party cookies and site data
- By selecting the “All cookies and site data” button, you can remove the cookies installed on your computer.
For more information, please visit the relevant Opera webpage