The high quality of the medical services at HHG hospitals can be proven by the continuous distinctions and awards by international and recognized organizations
Hellenic Healthcare Group:
The Hellenic Healthcare Group (HHG) was awarded, for second consecutive year, for the periods of 2021-2022 and 2022-2023, with the Silver Distinction from EcoVadis, the world's leading corporate Sustainability assessment organization, for the socially responsible practices it implements in relation to responsible entrepreneurship matters, sustainability and sustainable development.
- The first hospital in Greece that possesses the Gold Seal of Approval® for quality in health services and patient safety by the most reputable and internationally recognized Health Organization Accreditation Standard (Joint Commission International).
- In 2019, it received the SILVER top distinction and was lauded as the “Best New Entry” by the Corporate Responsibility Institute.
- It is the only hospital in Greece that has won an award three times for its work environment in the context of the annual survey Best Workplaces for companies with more than 250 employees.
- It ranked among the 21 companies included among “The Most sustainable companies in Greece” for 2017, according to the Sustainability Performance Directory of the Quality Net Foundation in Greece.
- It features the first and only center of excellence in Greece in the field of surgery for diseases of the colon, rectum and anus in the 6th Surgery Clinic. In 2018, the clinic received Center of Excellence certification in Colorectal Surgery (COECS) from the American non-profit organization Surgical Review Corporation.
- It features the Radiation Oncology Center, the most cutting edge and well equipped center in Greece, and one of the best in Europe, which has been designated a Center of Excellence for Stereotactic Radiation Therapy and Radiosurgery according to the International Radiosurgery Association (IRSA).
- It features one of the largest Intensive Care-Acute Stroke Units in Europe, and the first and only one in Greece, that has been recognized and certified as a «Certified ESO Stroke Unit» by the ESO (European Stroke Organisation).
- It has been recognized as an "Outstanding Clinical Activity Center for Robotic Mako Surgery" (Center of Excellence), a distinction held by few medical centers worldwide.
- The First Oncology Clinic is the only oncology clinic in Greece operating at the recommendation of the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO).
- It is the only hospital in Greece which offers 3D MRI Based Brachytherapy, in other words MRI guided therapy for gynecologic tumors.
- Metropolitan Hospital's ground-breaking Lung Cancer Screening Program "Lung Health" received the Silver Award at the Patient Partnerships Awards 2022, organized by Health Daily and BoussiasCommunications, in the presence of important health industry executives. "Lung Health", one of the most important parts of the Hospital's Check-up Department, is the first organized screening program in Greece for the early diagnosis and treatment of lung cancer, one of the most common forms of cancer worldwide.
- The Center for Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment of Lymphedema-Lymphatic Diseases, Adults and Children of the Metropolitan Hospital under the direction of the specialized Lymphologist Mr. Evangelos Dimakakos, received the distinction from the VAS-European Independent Foundation in Angiology/Vascular Medicine and in collaboration with UEMS as one of the leading European centers for the highly scientific medical services it provides to its patients.
- The Metropolitan Hospital Breast Center received the Center of Educational Excellence for Breast Biopsy certification.
- The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) ranks among the top units internationally.
- The IVF MITERA ranks among the most specialized Assisted Reproduction units in Greece and one of the few possessing international accreditation from the International Clinical Rating Agency GCR.
- The Mitera Breast Center is a full member of the international “Breast Centres Network” and is a center that represents a point of reference for breast cancer, in Europe as well as worldwide.
- It has been awarded for being the best work environment (Best Workplaces 2014).
- It has been awarded in the "Energy Services Companies" category for the implementation of the hospital's energy upgrade contract, at the Energy Mastering Awards 2015.
- It has been internationally recognized as a “Preferred Partner Hospital” and “Best Hospitals Worldwide” by the Diplomatic Council continuously from 2014 to today.
- Since 2013, it has been certified by the international Organization for Medical Tourism Certifications (Temos International) for quality in the care of international patients.
- It is certified with international, upgraded ISO 9001:2015, which places an increased emphasis on the quality of care that the patient must receive.
- Its Pathological Anatomy Laboratory is one of the few private hospital laboratories in Greece accredited for the high quality of its services by the National Accreditation System (ESYD) in accordance with the requirements of international standard ELOT EN ISO 15189:2012.
- In 2021 It was certified as a Center of Excellence in Hernia Surgery by the international association of surgical certification Surgical Review Corporation (SRC), a certification held by few medical centers worldwide.
- The Cardiac Ultrasound and Cardiac MRI Laboratories of Metropolitan General are among the few in Greece and in Europe that are certified by the European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging (EACVI) of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC).
- It has received awards from the Health Center for Disease Prevention (KEELPNO) of the Ministry of Health for its participation in vaccination against seasonal influenza for the 2017-2018 period as part of the awards “Anti-flu vaccination of workers in health care facilities."
- It has been recognized and awarded as a leading corporate brand in Greece by the prestigious institution “Corporate Superbrand 2018 - 2019”.
- The Central Laboratories of Leto Hospital have been certified with ISO 9001:2008 pertaining to Quality Management systems by the Certification Body of TUV Austria Hellas. The implementation of a certified Quality System ensures accurate and timely publication of results by staff who stand apart for their professionalism and scientific competence. Moreover, continuous development of know-how and readiness to adopt new methods and techniques is ensured, through the continuous upgrading of technology. Finally, the level of service provided is constantly upgraded, to patients as well as collaborating physicians, focusing on their needs and expectations.
- Leto General Clinic is certified for all its services according to the international quality standards such as ISO 9001: 2015 & ELOT EN 15224: 2017.
- Quality Management System certified to ISO 9001.
- The first Certified member of the International Organization Temos International for "Quality of care for international patients” in Crete.
- Since 2014, and every year, it has been ranked among the "DC best preferred hospitals - clinics worldwide".
- Aretaeio Hospital has adopted an Operating System in accordance with the International Standard ISO 9001:2015, which applies throughout the Organisation and in all its activities regarding the provision of Medical and Nursing services, which have an impact both in the quality of services provided and the satisfaction of its patients.
- Aretaeio Hospital has adopted a strict adherence to the food and beverage code, as well as the application and the maintenance of a Food Safety Management System, in accordance with the requirements of HACCP and the International Standard ISO 22000:2018 at all stages of the process of receipt, storage/preservation, production and disposal, with the main scope being on ‘Catering Services’.
- Aretaeio Hospital provides a wide range of services in healthcare and is committed towards continuous improvement of its processes and practices. It is the Hospital’s policy to ensure that each task is executed from the beginning to completion in a manner that sets and maintains the highest level of service, reliability and consistency, always in response to the local legislation, customer and patients’ requirements and with special attention to Health and Safety issues, through the implementation of the Occupational Safety and Health Management System; ISO 45001: 2018.
- Aretaeio Hospital won the Bronze Award in the category: ‘Digital Applications for the information and integrated care of patients’ at the ‘Cyprus Healthcare Business Awards 2021’.
- Aretaeio Hospital has been awarded the Bronze prize in the category: ‘Technology & Health’, at the Cyprus Responsible Business Awards 2021, for its participation in the European-funded Program: "CHERRIES", in the field of Responsible Research and Innovation.
- Aretaeio Hospital has developed a very successful application (E-HCert) which is built on public blockchain providing its patients and prescribing doctors with immediate and secure access to their medical results combining security, interoperability, immutability, traceability and compliance. Due to this achievement, Aretaeio was mentioned in the latest publication of the ‘Whitepaper’ issued on March ‘23 by the Vechain Foundation, in cooperation with the BCG (Boston Consulting Group, USA, which is in the Top 2 US global management consultant Companies with 25,000 employees and $11B annual revenue), regarding sustainability.
Apollonion Private Hospital:
- Implements an ISO 9001 Quality Management System, an ISO 45001 Occupational Health & Safety Management System and an ISO 2200 Food Safety Management System;
- Has been evaluated and approved by the Cyprus Nursing and Midwifery Council for Clinical and Practical training in all Nursing and Midwifery specialties;
- Has signed cooperation contracts with the Medical Schools of the Private Universities of Cyprus for Clinical and Practical training of medical students;
- Ηas been awarded with a triple distinction at the Cyprus Health Care Business Awards 2021. The "Cardiac Innovation Center Pediatric & Adult Cardiac Surgery" was awarded with:
- A gold award in the Innovative Equipment or Medical Service category;
- A gold award in the Innovative Hospital Department category;
- A silver award in the category Strategic emphasis and collaboration in internationalization, research, innovative products or medical services, etc.